Name, headquarters, legal form and insignia
1- The objective of these statutes is to exclusively regulate the general principles and the procedures of the establishment, organisation, duties and authorisations of the World Shotokan Federation which is a self-governing organisation. These statutes cover the execution, organisation and development of all Shotokan activities whole in the World in accordance with World Shotokan Federation Rules.
2- The abbreviation of World Shotokan Federation is WSF
3- The WSF logo is as shown in the Annex to these statutes.
4- Headquarter’s adres;
Mühlemattweg 7 4402 FRENKENDORF
BASELLAND – SWITZERLAND
The objectives of WSF are:
- a) To organise, regulate and monitor all Shotokan activities within the World;
- b) To promote the development and expansion of Shotokan throughout the World
- c) To ensure the proper implementation of rules set by the governing bodies of WSF.
- d) To make any plans, programs, arrangements and agreements related to Shotokan activities as well as to take the necessary measures to achieve successful results;
- e) To fight against violence, illegal performance incentives, racism, doping and any kind of discrimination;
- f) To educate the Shotokan society with assistance of the its coaches and to make Dan and Kyu examinations and homologations in Shotokan Style.
Article 3 :
Membership is open to all Unions, Shotokan National Federations, Associations, Clubs,Dojos, Individuals. Executive Commitee is authorised to accept the membership applications. All members will get identification card’s as membership.
Article 4 :
- a) Entry to the WSF competition’s only allowed by membership.
- b) Dan examinations will be held by appointed dan examining directors after approval of WSF
- c) Entry to the WSF competition’s are required by id card.
- a) Each year until the end of january, membership renewal is required, otherwise the membership will be suspended.
- b) Members which do not participate in the WSF activities organised by WSF by two (2) years shall be suspended by the executive commitee.
three (3) consecutive years shall be suspended from voting at the Congress until they have fulfilled their obligations in this respect and may not be candidate for any function with WSF.
- a) Nominatation of Honorary President shall be designated by The Executive Committee,
- b) The Honorary President may take part in the Congress and has not the right to vote.
Bodies of the WSF
- a) The Congress
- b) President
- c) Executive Commitee
- d) General Secretariat
The Congress will be held each four years in World Shotokan Championships. Each representative will have one vote in the congress.
The President will be elected for 5 years. All countries will have the right of showing candidature for the Chair.
The Executive Commitee will consist of 9 member’s, including 2 Vice Presidents, Secretary General and President.
General Secretary will be elected by the Executive Commitee from its members and the office location will be in Basel, Switzerland.
- a) Referee Commitee
- b) Technical Commitee
- c) Organising Commitee
- d) Medical Commitee
- e) Discipline Commitee
- f) International Relations Commitee
- a) Participation Fee’s
- b) Dan Examination Fee’s
- c) Membership Fee’s
- d) Seminar Fee’s
- e) Donations and Grants
WSF competitions holds with the following categeries
Children, Cadets, Seniors and Masters Categories
Individual and Team Kata Kumite
Shobu Ippon, Shobu Sanbon and Jyu Kumite
Article 15 :
Both in Kumite and Kata World Shotokan Federation WSF Rules are valid.